Care & Maintenance of Race Mark Buoys
ETP carries the accessories necessary for race mark maintenance… See our accessories page.
The care instructions herein are intended to support users in the adequate cleaning of PVC coated polyester fabrics.
1. Cleaning should be carried out with the utmost care. In individual cases – depending on the type of soiling – other cleaning measures than those described herein may be necessary.
2. To prevent stains, product should be cleaned on a regular basis. In case dirt is not removed, cleaning may become impossible due to the partial migration of dirt into the material.
3. In any case, the PVC coated polyester fabric must always be clean and must be completely dry before storage.
“NEW!! SPRAY & WIPE” !
Before starting to clean your PVC coated polyester fabrics, make sure that you wear proper clothing and shoes and that you are able to reach the product in a safe way.
If you have to put your product on the floor for cleaning, make sure the product is lying flat on a clean and smooth surface and avoid damaging the fabric by walking on it with inappropriate footwear.
To Clean the PVC material you will need a source of fresh water and a cleaning agent (such as a mild soap).
In general, the following procedure guarantees the best cleaning results:
• Rinse away any dirt attached at the surface using clean water.
• Apply the cleaning agent to the surface by either spraying or applying it with an appropriate soft and non-abrasive item (e.g. sponge or cloth). Follow the instructions issued by the manufacturer of the cleaning agent.
• Allow the cleaning agent to remain on the surface (in accordance with the usage instructions of the manufacturer of the cleaning agent) for a maximum of 5 min. After this time, wipe off with a cloth or soft sponge.
• Clean any strongly soiled surfaces using brushes with soft hairs.
• Rinse off dirt and cleaning agent using clear (cold or warm) water to remove the entire cleaning agent. Always follow the recommendations issued by the manufacturer of the cleaning agent.
• It is very important to dry the surface after cleaning!
• When storing the product do it in a clean and absolutely dry place. All items should be in place for proper storage.
In particular the liability for the quality of cleaning agents and for any damage occurring under their use is restricted to the manufacturer having issued the recommendations for such cleaning agents to be used on PVC coated polyester fabrics.
Which cleaning agents or processes could be harmful to your product?
Generally it is preferable to use non ionic cleaning agents.
The following agents, chemicals or processes are to be strictly avoided:
Type of cleaning processes / cleaning tools:
· Avoid high pressure cleaners
· Avoid hard brushes
· Avoid intense scrubbing
· Avoid sponges that scratch the surface
Type of cleaning agents:
· Avoid abrasive powders, or liquids that scratch the surface
· Avoid home made cleaning agents
· Avoid solvents like acetone, dimethylformamide (DMF), furans (e.g. 2,5 dimethylfuran (DMF) compounds), aldehydes, ketones (e.g. methyl ethyl ketone (MEK), cyclohexanone), ethers, esters, white spirit/cleaner’s naphtha, hydrocarbons, fuel, gasoline, kerosene, turpentine, oil, toluene, benzene, trichloroethylene, perchloroethylene, cationic surfactants.
· Avoid Strongly acidic or alkaline products like ammonia, nitric acid, sulfuric acid, acetic acid, hydrochloric acid, caustic soda lye, caustic soda, soda…
· Avoid Strong oxidants such as bleaching agents (based on sodium hypochlorite, hydrogen peroxide, chlorine dioxide, sodium dithionite…)
In some cases, mixing cleaning agents may lead to negative results, even when every individual cleaning agent is harmless when used on its own.
This information reflects the current state of our knowledge as of September 2015 and is in no way legally binding.
The manufacturer of the PVC material and the final product deny any warranty and/or liability for the success of the various measures and/or for any damage occurring during the cleaning process, in combination with the cleaning and stain removal procedures or the cleaning agents as described herein.
Once submitted and the marks are received a customer representative will contact you with a repair estimate.
***NOTHING will be charged or billed until you approve the repair costs.***